Explore The Beekman Tower's Open Positions
Click on a job title below to see information on the position.
Don't see a position listed that you are looking for? Fill out our general application for future positions here
Location: The Beekman Tower, New York City
We have a full time opening for a Property Manager at the Beekman Tower in New York City.
The property manager is accountable to protect, maintain and enhance the value of the building assets in order to maximize the owner's financial return and for the benefit of the tenants, consumers and the community. This is accomplished by direction and coordination of the building’s operational activities, leasing and marketing. The property manager represents the property owner to both the tenants and the public.
• Demonstrates a positive, professional and client-oriented attitude about the company with coworkers, tenants, clients and the public whether contact is by mail, telephone or in person. Constantly strive for improvements in work process and results to better meet resident, employee and ownership expectations.
• Act as the company’s primary coordinator to assure that the company’s efforts fully meet and exceed contractual property management obligations. Direct the day-to-day activities of loss prevention, risk management, safety/security, maintenance, marketing, landscaping, snow removal tenant build-out and other building operations.
• Develop operating income/expense budgets and capital budgets that reflect the owner’s objectives for operating the property, cash flow requirements and leasing strategy. Prepare this document to be used as an ongoing accounting tool. Further accountability includes administration of budgets, operational review and analysis of corrective action needed. Recommend and implement programs that contribute to the building profitability.
• Administer leases including promptly synopsizing new leases, reviewing all tenant billings, analyzing lease clauses, preparation of vacancy reports, enforcing tenant compliance and performing landlord obligations. Identify leasing prospects and respond to leasing inquiries.
• Bid work for tenant improvement. Keep accurate records of current space conditions including roof, HVAC, utilities and special circumstances.
• Maintain complete and accurate property files and records, according to department systems, with an emphasis on documentation for future reference.
• Coordinate collection and documentation of all revenues following lease obligations of tenants and the owner’s policy on accounts receivable.
• Utilize property management software to market listings, schedule showings and tour prospects.
• Engage, contract supervise and approve invoices for all goods/services required to maintain the properties up to company and owner standards. Develop a network of emergency services and be available for 24 hours per weekend coverage as required. Supervise on-site maintenance mechanics. Develop specifications and continually evaluate service needs and performance in all areas of maintenance and management. Forecast and mange replacement of major capital expense items including HVAC systems, roof systems, parking lot surfaces, etc.
• Manage tenant relations and coordinate requests and maintenance, understanding of rent charges, lease issues and other tenant concerns. Assist in managing tenant “fit-up” work, as needed or assigned.
• Liaison with other disciplines/departments within the company to provide a team approach to the management of real estate. Coordinate the activities not directly controlled by the manager but directly related to each property. i.e.: production of sales statements, insurance monitoring, leasing, marketing and promotions, capital improvements, accounting/financial reporting and legal services.
• Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships between departments, with coworkers and particularly with other members of a project team. Prepare for team meetings, in advance, and act as chairperson for the meeting.
• Keep abreast of new technologies, systems and procedures related to property management.
• This position will directly oversee all maintenance and building service staff.
ABODA has a competitive benefits package, which includes, 100% paid medical, dental and vision. We also offer a rich 401k plan with match.
ABODA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.